Ah, geez. Little unsociable me has been tagged. I, after much deliberation, have decided to participate against my better judgement.
Here were the rules I was given:
1) You must post these rules.
2) Each person has to share 10 facts about themselves.
3) Answer the 10 questions asked by the person who tagged you and make up 10 questions for the 10 you tag.
4) Choose 10 people and put their icons in your journal.
5) Go to their page and inform them that they have been tagged by you.
6) Not something like "You are tagged if you read that".
7) You have to legitimately tag 10 people.
8) No tag-backs.
9) You can't say that you don't do tags.
Under penalty of… what? What kind of rule is this?
10) You have the choice to make a journal entry! Comments if you prefer!
10 FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
1) I hate phones, especially smartphones. They NEVER work for me. I also HATE texting. I prefer face-to-face communication whenever possible.
2) I have 250+ Breyer horses. I'm too lazy to count all of them for an exact number right now, so you are going to have to deal with an approximation. Every few weeks I dust them and their shelves, which takes me an hour or so. They sit on nine shelves, my desk, my dresser, and the top of my bunk bed, which has been transformed into a diorama. And they all have names.
3) I am an avid book lover. My favorite authors include: Mark Twain, Cornelia Funke, J.K. Rowling, Anne McCaffrey, Ovid, Vergil, Peter S. Beagle, and Marguerite Henry. Never give me a factual horse book, because I probably already read it and own it. I would list my favorite books, but you'd get bored pretty quick.
4) I sunburned my face after teaching 30+ kids ranging from 5-9 years old how to ride horses because I was so busy I forgot to put on sunscreen. My nose has peeled to the point that I have scabs. It very much hurts.
5) I am not good with extremes. Put me in extreme heat, my sugar level plummets and I start to faint (quite ironic, considering where I live). In snow, I numb within 15 minutes and my bones ache within 5 minutes. If I eat too much greasy food, or sugar, or protein, or anything, I end up giving myself a horrible stomach ache. For this reason, I carry Tums around with me.
6) On my 15th birthday, I ate so much cake, ice cream, brownies, and other sugar I became very ill. Later that night, after my birthday party, I ended up puking in front of my dad's friend. That particular friend visits often and teases me almost every time about that incident. So does my sister.
7) I adore Latin. I've taken 5 years of it and will be starting my 6th this year, which is an AP class. I am currently learning over 600 new words before the summer ends and have multiple stacks of flash cards laying around my room. I will also be going to Rome this year. I would like to learn French and Spanish, and maybe some cool, random language like Elvish or Klingon.
8) I get really annoyed when someone assumes because you ride English, you must be a stuck-up snob who hates getting dirty, and that if you ride dressage, then you are the most pompous fleabag there is. I ride English, and I am being classically trained in dressage. I do not look down on others, especially Western riders. I do not consider myself any better than anyone else. I do not mind getting dirty, or sweaty, or anything else. I've been buried to my waist in horse poo. I'll do it again if you ask. I ride dressage because it suits me best at this moment in time. I've wanted to be a barrel racer, and a show jumper, and even a jockey when I was younger. Maybe I'll get into polo ponies next.
9) I rant on subjects when I get annoyed. I get it from my mom.
10) I own two American Girl dolls, Nicki and Kristen. I also own Nicki's horse Jackson, two dogs, and a cat, as well as all of Kristen's furniture and clothing. Kristen has an off-brand horse named Sarah, who's actually a boy (Five year old me didn't know how to tell horse genders back then).
1) Which fairy tale character do you most identify yourself with? Why?
Pinocchio. I’m as good as a lair as he is.2) Got a favorite group on deviantART? What do you like about it?
Besides Glory Brook? I would have to say Horse Art RPG (HARPG), but I haven’t joined it because I rarely post anything and don’t consider myself reliable. I can barely keep track of Goosenight! What makes you think I can keep track of more characters? As for HARPG, it has horses, and there’s horse shows, and the group is HUGE, so there always appears to be something going on.
3) How about a song that you just can't stop listening to?
“For the Dancing and the Dreaming”, by John Powell, How To Train You Dragon 2 soundtrack. I love the lyrics and the beat, even if the singing is horrible.
4) A favorite TV show that you've been watching lately?
Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, and Heartland. I’ve also been watching a lot of Doctor Who, since Snakemouth turns that on very often and sometimes I am just too lazy to find something else to do. I like River Song. She has my hair. Or I have her hair???
5) What was your first Pokémon ever? A starter, a Pokémon your sibling gave you, what? (If you’ve had none… how are we even friends. )
Venusaur, who I got from a used version of Platinum. I played with him for quite a while on the used game before transferring him over to my sister’s SoulSilver so that I could delete the old game and start my own.
6) Which Pokémon region do you consider yourself to be from?
Any which Ash hasn’t defiled with his touch. Sorry Ash, but you annoy the death out of me. I probably going to get mugged for a comment like that, but it’s true.
7) How would you react if some person you had never seen before began shouting random memes at you in public?
Shout random memes back. Duh.
8) Would you rather live in a cave on a rocky mountainside, a treehouse high in a lush forest canopy, or a hut on a tiny tropical island off the mainland?
I like the idea of the treehouse, but you can’t have horses in a treehouse. So, I’ll take the uncomfortable sounding cave so that I can have the horses. Right now, I don't want to go anywhere tropical. I don't feel like sunburning myself worse.
9) Your biggest Mary Sue trait, if any? (Come on, there's a little Mary Sue in all of us.)
Most people like me. I like most people back. Is that close enough?
10) Do you want to join my camp where you can learn problem solving and martial arts and how to fight with sharp objects? eue
First, I have no clue what “eue” meaning, and if that’s supposed to be one of those funny faces like or > , then I’m confused. Second, YES! Can I throw a tomahawk and shoot arrows from a horse?!
The Unlucky Ones:
My Questions for You!
1) If you wrote a book, what would it be about? If you have written a book, what's it about?
2) If you could play any video game you haven't played already, what would it be?
3) If you could learn one new trade, like book binding or making shoes, what would it be?
4) What would you rather do: walk on a hot bed of coals or swim with the piranhas?
5) If you could dye a poodle any color(s), what would you make your poodle look like? Feel free to shave a design, too.
6) What Bertie Bot's Every Flavor Bean flavor would you create?
7) If you could do anything to a teacher you have or had, what would you do? (No murder please, or bloody, ruthless torture. I'm talking about water balloons or pie in the face)
8) If you could have any super power, what would it be? And get creative.
9) What would your ideal suitcase look like?
10) If you could be in any movie or TV show, which one would you be in?
These take a lot longer to do than I realized. O.O